Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Name Game

I don't understand why people always get my name wrong. Is it that difficult? I get people calling me Stephanie, Tif-funny, Stiff-fany, Symphony, Theft-fany, Daphne, Sieve-fany.......

It is especially so when I give my name to Coffee Bean or Starbucks. They can be amazingly creative! Just yesterday my "name" was Delpin. DELPIN?! Delpin - Tiffany. I wonder what's the link. Hehe.. They could've spelt Tif / Tiff / Thief.. but Delpin? Now that's weird. Sounds like dolphine or something. Thought many singaporeans are brand-conscious....?

To those kids with complicated names given by parents.. Good luck.

Anyway, yesterday I just found out something extraordinary. We went to this foodcourt at Biopolis.. and there was this Indian stall which sells some good-looking dishes and guess what's so special about it? It's Pay-As-U-Wish!!!! Yes.. it's true! My colleague ordered some dishes and when she asked the cashier how much it cost, the lady asked her back how much she thinks it costs. My friend said $2 and the lady said "Okay lor, $2." My... First time I heard of such stuff. But frankly speaking I wouldn't dare to order cos I'm afraid of paying too little. Hee..

3 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger Miss Diam Diam said...

really? There are others doing the same thing? cool.. i must try!! :)

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Muffinsaurs said...

ehh.... delpin jiejie~
i dunno abt coffee bean wor... i knoe they spell my name as tiffany b4 -.-'
and when i help my friend order and said her name was 'celene' they wrote Cindy =\
coffee bean staffs got hearing problem issit? hahaha

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Miss Diam Diam said...

hahaha.. yeah i think so.. next time we must wear name tags when we order drinks from them. Hee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home