A Tribute to Belle
To my dearest beloved Belle,It's ur 2nd year anniversary, and the smell and look of u are still clear in my mind.
I remember the first day I saw u. It was love at first sight.
You were in a small recycled giordano bag.
I thought u were a guinea pig, but u were the one that I always wanted.
I remember I named you after the Disney character, Belle, from Beauty & The Beast.
I remember u had problems standing to drink ur bowl of milk.
I remember u squeezing at every small corner of the house.
And u even got stuck under the washing machine once.
I remember mum carrying u when she fetched me from school,
and I always looked forward for school to end to carry u in my arms back home.
I distinctively remember how I got those scars from u.
I remember all the tricks that u knew. How fast u learnt them and how eager u wanted to learn more.
I remember we brought u to IMM, and u slept like a baby in a small basket.
And u loved sucking my thumb.
I remember mum being mad at dad for bringing u home.
But u managed to capture her heart and changed both their lives forever.
I remember how ur famous ears took turns to fold and unfold.
I remember u listening to my problems.
I remember u licking me when I cried.
I remember kissing u every night before I sleep,
and every morning before I leave.
U almost left us when u were really young because of our foolishness.
But u were strong. And u know we still needed u.
U continued bringing us ur companionship, ur love and ur humour.
Until it was time, for us to let u go..
I remember u hinting me that morning, 2 yrs ago before we left for work.
But I didn't take it. How could I have been so blind?
The news was too much to bear.
Did u not want us to see u go?
U were such a darling. We will always love u.
It's been a long time since I last touched ur lock of fur.
I remember touching it all the time for a yr after u left us.
It is still just as soft and golden.
It's like touching ur head once more.
I've finally changed my desktop wallpaper.
It isn't ur picture anymore. It's Isabelle's.
I felt a sense of guilt when it was changed.
There're times when I wanna talk about u,
but I said "Isabelle" instead of "Belle".
I feel so mad about myself, but I can feel u telling me it's okay..
U were always so accomodating. (ok.. maybe not when u're biting ur bone.)
But I want u to know, and u do know, that u'll always live in my heart.
I'll never ever forget u, even when I grow old and die.
Belle, can u appear in mum and dad's dreams like u always do in mine?
They miss u as much as I do.
Every September we miss u the most.
I thank u for appearing in our lives.
My childhood was great because of u.
U would've loved Isabelle if u were here.
She's just as lovely (and irritating) as u were.
I hope u can hear me saying "Jie jie luv" all the time up there.
I keep u in my prayers every night.
And I hope to see u again.
Till we meet again,
I love u.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home