Big break from work, big headache from schoolwork
Finally I got the chance to breathe once again (but not for long..).. I was sent to attend an advanced Macromedia Dreamweaver course at BitS (The Best I.T Services Pte Ltd) for today and tomorrow. And from next monday onwards I'll be attached to the headquarters for my pedagogic training for 8 weeks!! No more running up and down the stairs, no more multi-tasking, no more morning assembly.. =D But it's still too early to be so happy about it. Will expect to have more assignments for the training.. on top of my very heavy load of assignments from the Open U studies! Stress..
Anyway, this morning I thought I could slowly dilly dally and take my time to go to the training centre. But I reached there at 8.40am and had to wait so long! Cos I thought the training starts at 9am but actually it's supposed to be 9.30am. Hai.. that's what u get when u work in a school - Well-trained to be an early birdie. Darn.. could've played with Isabelle a little longer... BitS is located at Tanjong Pagar.. 1 block away from CPF building. I used to work at CPF with JT before I got a job at ITE. Erm.. it was this job that made me decide to NEVER work in lines that deals with customers!! Hehe.. I was sometimes stationed at the Call Centre to answer hotlines during the NSS/ERS period. Imagine sitting down at the phone desk at 8am and the phone starts ringing with many other callers waiting on the line and it lasts til 6pm!! Talk until sore throat man.. the worst part is when u get a nuisance caller who keeps complaining and complaining and puts the blame on u! But sometimes I was also stationed downstairs where we help people (usually the elderly) to fill up their encashment forms.. I preferred doin this.. at least the elderly are more appreciative of our help. Today the empty space downstairs have undergone plenty of changes! Now there's Planet Smoothie, Pastamania, Secret Recipe and many other yummy food cafes. Those people working around that area will surely have a helluva time during lunch man.. Wonder how they all still manage to look so slim and nice..
Ok so what did I learn today? The course is mainly about learning how to create dynamic driven websites using Coldfusion. Cheem stuffs. Had to learn anyway cos we gotta train some of the students on this. Anyway the trainer was nice.. very funny, knowledgeable and creative. And he pronounces "Tours" as "Two-wers". Too bad the class was very quiet. There were only 5 of us - all girls. I also dun understand why all of us are so anti-social.. I just follow suit. :) Sometimes he would try to entertain us but the other girls just gave blank faces.. Haha.. Poor guy.. But his training is great, very clear and easy to understand. Learnt a fair lot from him.
During lunch, as I had expected.. all of us went our separate ways to have our lunch. I walked past those yummy cafes along CPF building but couldn't go in to eat cos they were really packed!! Had to walk all the way to international plaza to have a simple plate of mee siam from this really nice old couple.. at least I get to save $ and time from looking for a seat! It was quite nice eating alone eh.. can daydream and eat as slow as I like.. hee.. But then I got caught in the rain when I went back cos I didn't bring a brolly and it rained very heavily.. too lazy.. in the end kept shivering when I was back in the lab. Better wear something thicker tomorrow...
Alright.. I better stop right here and continue with my assignments for the Open U. It's been days and I have yet to finish even 2 questions (containing short answer qns)! Gotta also write a 1000-words essay, another 600-words essay, a 400-words essay and many short answer questions and diagrams to draw!
s-h-i-t-t-y...



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home