Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Having expectations.. Is it good or bad?

Have you ever had expectations in someone, no matter how high or low ones, only to get disappointed time and time again.. And keep reminding yourself: "It's okay, no one's perfect anyway." The cycle continues until one day you decide to give up on that person. And from then on your feelings and attitude towards the person will never be the same again.

I always tried not to have expectations in people. It will cause much undesired sadness and unhappiness. But I must also say it's hard not to have any. We are humans anyway, and there'll always be some point in life where we want to look forward to something. Be it your best friend remembering your birthday, your bf/gf giving you surprises, your boss recognising your hard work and giving you a well done pat on the back, etc. Sometimes it's these simple things that brings the zest for life. If we don't have expectations, will it mean we couldn't care less about the other party? Whatever he/she does or does not do, is not important and doesn't matter at all?

Is having expectations good or bad? I'll still balance it out by being in the cycle mentioned earlier. But the prob is, I'm not quite sure how much I can take before I raise the white flag.

Well, been feeling kinda blue lately.. on and off kind of thing. Maybe it's just the stress from work. Hopefully it will pass in a few days, like it always do. :)

1 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Miss Diam Diam said...

:) Thanks..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home