Sunday, February 06, 2005

Spring cleaning.. finally?

Been years ever since I last tidied my cupboard.. and since it's one of my new year resolutions, I've decided to get my lazy bum up to do this difficult task once and for all! Now I'm having a terrible backache.. Went through ALL the stuffs and had to make painful decisions as to whether to keep them or throw them away. Being a person who doesn't like to make decisions, and also one who is very sentimental and loves collecting old things, it was really a tough job for me! Many times I had to grab hold of my stuffs which have been kept for many many donkey years, see them for the very last time, and then dump them into the thrash bag. Stuffs like my geography and japanese self-made revision notebook, some of my lovely soft toys, xmas/CNY/birthday cards from (sec, jc and poly) friends, CLEO magazines from 2000 (?!?!?!), nail polish that has been used only once, movie tickets that I have been collecting since sec sch days, compass & protractor set, flexible curve, etc. Total number of stuffs I got rid of was 5 fully-filled plastic bags!! 2 of them will be given to charity, the rest are junk and I can just picture them entering the incinerator and screaming for me.. :(

Anyway I've gotten over it.. and despite all the backaches and the sadness from departing from my old collections, I felt a sense of satisfaction after seeing the end result! Let's see now..


From this..


To this!

And my 2 drawers are quite empty also. Perhaps able to start my new collection again? Hehe.. So happy.. now my desk is free from all the SIM materials!! Still got 2 more drawers to clear man. Maybe wait till after CNY then I'll do it. Oh yah, came across my sweet old bag and pencil case which I used when I was 14.. Haha..


My all time favourite necessities in sch..

I don't think I'll ever throw them though they're really dusty!! Gonna show them to my future kids and grandchildren. Hahah.. I even kept Jurongville's foolscap pad. Can't bear to throw it cos I love it's quality.. very nice to write on it!!

Hmm.. so I guess when I'm old there might be a slight possibility that I may be a garang guni ah ma? Nah! I prefer keeping my own collections than getting from others. =D Probably will have to get a bigger coffin so next time when I leave this world, can cremate those junk with me. Hehe..

Alrighty.. time for some sleep. Gonna bring Isabelle for a swim tomorrow!!

2 Comments:

At 12:49 AM, Blogger TheOne said...

About time u did some real work ard the house.....always leave me and pa to do it!

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Miss Diam Diam said...

hehe.. sshhh.. not so loud!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home