Monday, January 24, 2005

Sweet old memories..

Went to Causeway Point yesterday for dinner at Jack's Place. It's been quite a while since I last ate there.. I love their escargots and steak and their potato with sour cream and bacon bits!!! Had a slice of their mango cake too. I remember it's my dad's fav cake.. though his stomach is quite sensitive to mangos. I've always liked eating at Jack's Place. Not because the food is very fantastic or what.. but it brings back a lot of memories I have with my family. I remember we always patronise there whenever my dad or mum strikes 4D.. hehe.. ever since I was young and wasn't interested in steaks. I would always order the kids' Fish & Chips and request to exchange the veggies to corns! And when we had Belle we didn't leave her out too.. we would bring her and then one of us will have to take turns and sit outside to look after her. We also share some of our steaks with her! Spoilt dog.. must be enjoying her steaks in heaven now.. :)

This morning me and yy had breakfast at Kopi Roti and Westmall. Quite nice.. only thing the half-boiled eggs were a tad cold. Had Horlicks and kaya-butter toasts. After that went to church then went to Stephanie's place to visit my granny. She had a fall on wed but she seems fine. Helped her stick some of those medicated plasters on her back and chatted with her and Steff for quite a while. Then met up with my mum and we brought Isabelle to my old hometown Jurong West! Mum went to collect something while I walked with Isabelle at the park where me and my bro used to cycle when we were young. The place changed a lot but the memories were still fresh and strong. Jurong West was where I grew up, learnt how to cycle, met some great friends, had my first haircut, hang out with other kids at the dragon playground, treated it as a shopping paradise (hmm.. could only shop for stationeries, books and little gifts then..). Had many wonderful memories there. How nice if I could stay there again... I was smiling to myself as I walk and think about the memories. But Isabelle couldn't care less of how I was feeling. She just kept on marking her territories all over the park and kept tugging me to walk faster! Irritating darling.... hehe..

1 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Jack's Place too. Especially when going out with someone particular in mind.... sharing the escargoes as well..... those slimey little suckers... always slips right off my fork....could've sworn they were alive....aye tiff?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home