A day at the ZOO
Yay! Finally went to the ZOO todae.. The weather was perfect. Not too hot and not raining.. though it did rain slightly in the morning. But it was okay cos we were having our breakfast at Lot 1 Mac! Went with yy and his 2 little nieces. Waited almost 1/2 hr for bus 927 but luckily the journey took no more than 15 mins. The younger gal, Xinyi, got so excited until she left her hat on the bus when we reached. Nvm.. she didn't seem to be sad over it.
We bought tickets without the tram ride so we could take our time to walk around and exercise too. Tickets cost $14 (Adult), $7 (Child). To enjoy the tram ride u'll have to pay additional $4. But I think it's no point lah.. unless u're old or carrying a baby, I don't think there's a need.
Anyway it's a very interesting place to go to with ur loved ones. Wouldn't advise u to go so often though.. maybe once every 3-5 yrs? The animals were free to roam at their respective enclosures but i think it's still considered quite a small area for them. Imagine they have to stay in that area all their lives.. how boring!! But it's kinda funny that they never attempt to jump out of their areas. I think it's possible for some of the stronger animals to leap out of their "prison". Maybe they like it there.. or probably they're juz too fat and lazy. Hee.. Don't expect the animals to look a lot like those u see on Animal Planet or Discovery Channel. I feel that wildlife animals do appear more healthy and better-looking. The animals in the zoo do look nice too.. but juz not as gd as those in the wild! Kangaroos seem to be much smaller than the ones I see in Australia. At first we thought that we were seeing joeys (baby kangaroos) but then all of them were small! The lion's mane was not as extravagent as the wild lion's. Seems to be very little.. not as "pong" as the wild one's. The polar bears' fur also not as fluffy and white. But what I enjoyed most was the Sea Lion show! The sea lions were really brilliant. They could do many tricks like swimming like a shark, jumping out of the water like a dolphine, waving, kissing ppl, etc. Really amazing. I think I better start training Isabelle.. haa..
Spent abt 3+ hrs walking around the whole zoo. Felt kinda tired.. but the 2 little ones were still very energetic! Outside the zoo we had some KFC popcorn shake and.... Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream!!!! Didn't know Ben & Jerry's had a parlour.. I ordered my fav: Chocolate Chip & Cookie Dough and Phish Food. I shared with yy while Minyi had a cone of Chocolate Chip and Xinyi had a cup of Strawberry flavour. Fantastic ice cream man! Wanted to try the milkshake.. regular cup already costs $7.20!!! Will try it someday ah...
Brought the 2 gals to my place to play with Isabelle. Xinyi was so afraid.. thought she's a tigeress.. but she kept running around and screaming and Isabelle thought she was playing with her so she kept chasing after her. Haha.. Minyi wasn't so scared. She played with her and even as we go back she kept mentioning about Isabelle. Guess Isabelle made a new friend! But gotta massage Isabelle's ears though.. after all the screaming from Xinyi. Even my ears hurt man..
Oh yah.. Singapore won 4-3 over Myanmar. 3 cheers for the S'pore team!! But heard they didn't play very well actually.. Hehe.. Nvm lah, win can already. Goin off to sleep now.. must touch dat fav pillow of mine. Xinyi said dat it smells nice.. juz like her "chou chou". Haa.. Mmmm...



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home