Wednesday, December 29, 2004

A moment of silence for the victims of the Tsunami

My heart goes out to those families who have lost their loved ones in this horrific tragedy. These few days reading the reports on newspapers and watching the news have been really saddening. This morning the death toll reported was 22,000. And now the amount has doubled to 44,000! Can imagine the trauma of those victims involved. Please, if u can.. do make a donation to the Singapore Red Cross Society. At least we can do our part in helping those who are still surviving, who have lost their homes, or need plenty of medical supplies.

Will pray for the survivors recovery and for the families to brace up and be strong. Hope a disaster like this will never happen again. Or at least may the people be warned early if such an incident would ever occur again...

Anyway, life goes on.. This afternoon me, Jo and JT ate at Formosa at Ginza. Seems like everytime we meet we'll be eating there. Quite nice I must say.. cos I'm quite a fan of Mee Hoon Kuay and Ban Mian. The business at Formosa is considered very good, given the fact that very little people patronise at Ginza Plaza. Everytime we're there the place is always full. Another thing gd abt it is that there's no GST or service charge! But the best Mee Hoon Kuay I find is the one at Dover Coffeeshop (near the POSB atm). Unfortunately the shop has closed down.. duno for what reason also. Cannot be the business no good cos a lot of ppl eat from that stall. Was very sad when I heard from my ex-colleagues last week abt it being closed down. Luckily when I was on leave I still managed to eat the Mee Hoon Kuay there.. for the last time.. :(

After lunch I met yy and we went back home. The 2 grannies didn't make it to Chinatown cos it was raining. Hehe.. But they're still keen on going tmr!! yy played Warcraft III on my NEW comp while i slept. Was dog tired man.. cos didn't had enough sleep last nite. Thought of making a trip to the zoo tmr!! Been wanting to go for a long time but found it too expensive. Then heard from Jo dat she juz went there on sat.. better give it a go before the holidays end! Hope it doesn't rain tmr....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home