Friday, January 06, 2006

Should I or should I not bother?

"You got to start planning now."

"It's good to start early."

"What do you want to do when you retire? And what age would you like to retire? How much would you like to have every month after you retire?"

"How much do you wish to provide for your dependents/families if anything were to occur to you?"

"What will happen if, touchwood, you're hospitalised? Who's gonna fork out that big sum of money?"

"If you're not a risk taker, it'll take a long long time before you can save that kind of money."

Arrgh!! Meeting up with my insurance agent for a financial review was really painstakingly stressful! I'll be eternally grateful if he sincerely wants to help me out in my future financial needs, but I'm finding it really hard to plan so much ahead! Sometimes I just wonder if all these plannings were necessary. Yeah it'll be good but all the unncessary stress built up has taken the toil on me instead. I mean, at this age, I'm just starting to build up my career, paying debts and fees and all with just an-enough-to-get-by pay, is it necessary to start making investments and savings plan?!?!?! Man.. I can imagine draining all my money into those insurances and at the end I'll be a weak old lady thinking how should I use the money. Probably buy a Ferrari wheelchair (if there's one).

He asked me, will I be able to accept the change, from a 10k pay to say $600. And I told him "Yeah.. anything's possible mah. Still got my children and grandchildren to provide for me." I forgot to mention erm, my bro also. Hehe.. Aiya even if I'm so suay and can only depend on myself to survive, also possible what. Have to make sacrifices lor. I don't expect to live a perfect life. Life can still be beautiful, just adapt to the changes! Even if something were to happen to me I can only leave it to fate. No matter how rich you are, money just can't get everything.

I already have 3-4 insurances and up till now I'm still very much confused over each and everyone of them. And everytime he has some new insurance to recommend that he claims to meet my needs.

Do we really have to depend on all these insurances???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home