I'm BACK!
- Forcing students to buy batteries. (managed to sell 50 out of 85 batteries liao!!! Thanks to mum, who sold 12 to her colleagues.. u're the best!)
- Having tonnes of responsibilities when I'm not done with the current ones. Makes me feel out of sync. I had to set many alarms in my HP to remind myself what I had to do for the day! Not only that.. post-it notes all over my cubicle as well.....
- Meeting attitude students:
Incident 1 -
Student: Cher, can I bring this fan to the back?
Me: (in a kind voice) Yeah of cos..
Student: Ok carry it to the back for me. Now.
Incident 2 -
Student: Cher, this computer not working!
Me: (checking the comp) oh.. this we have to wait for Mr XX to come and fix it.
Student: U better go ask him to come and do it now.
Hmm.. don't worry. So far only 1 student is like that. And yes.. those incidents were from the same student. My colleague also mentioned to me about him. He's not an ah beng leh.. Why is he treating us like dat??? - Disciplinary actions. All of us have to do our rounds of disciplinary check on students. I can just imagine my fate:
Me: Eh.. Hi. U're not supposed to smoke in school u know.
Student: What? Who are u? U not happy ar? We settle outside lah...
Me: Er.. ...
Not really sure what I'll do. I think I'll probably walk off...... hai.. - Politics. Gossips. Those usual stuff u experience everywhere...
There're many more to grumble about. Well.. bad as it can be.. there's still a saying that goes: Upon every dark clouds, there's a silver lining.
What I love about my job:
Besides being able to leave the office early sometimes, I enjoy department gatherings and most of all socialising with students! Some of the stuffs that I heard which keeps me sane from all those stress:
Student A: Cher.. I like ur pants! Where did u buy it from?
Btw that student is a female. Just in case, u know..
Student B: Thank u Ms Tiffany. U're so kind...
Student C: Oh man.. I hate to say this that school really sucks.. Coz i can't keep my hair the way it is, can't use my cap and can't use PE attire.. Damn we're an adult and Miss Tiffany, just to inform u that i'am very rebellious but i respect u Miss Tiffany coz u'r the nicest teacher like Mr XX.. So ok i try
Students : Cher, how old are u?? U look like 20, 21 leh.. or are u just 18????
Hahaha.. heart-melting words. There have been many complaints on my class' attendance liao man.. But I'm not gonna give up! Gonna make sure they can all graduate for their last year...
Right now I'm in a dilemma. I know it's still early to think about that. But I just can't help it.. I've still got 4 more TMAs to go and the exams will be in Oct!!! All my books still look darn NEW!!! Don't even know if I can pass my exams this year or not.. Anyway, my worries: I keep thinking about whether to take all my 3 remaining modules again next year or split them into 2 years, which means I can only complete my degree in 2007.
Should I pia another yr of stress, kan chiongness, no free time for other fulfilling stuffs, or 2 yrs of seeing SIM, eating at their foodcourts and making my clothes stinky..??



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home