Monday, September 10, 2007

Prayers answered!

My contract extension for 1 month has been approved by HR. And that means 2 things:

1. I am able to go for my YEP in China!

2. I get a month's pay for working just 2 1/2 weeks for the month of Oct!!! Hahaha!


You see, my school vacation starts from 22 Sept - 14 Oct. And my YEP trip is 22 Sept - 5 Oct (2 weeks!). So I'll have another week to rest, then back to work from 15 - 31 Oct. Then farewell ITE!!! :( :)

Following which a backpacking trip to Australia from 1 - 9 Nov! Will be exploring Melbourne's Great Ocean Road and Tasmania's beautiful landscapes and the Tasmanian devils!! Hehe... haven't really planned the itinerary yet.. only managed to book the air tix last night. Woo I luv last minute stuff!!

Right now I just can't wait to go for the YEP in Haikou, Hainan. It's a Youth Expedition Project organised by ITE and I volunteered to be there to facilitate our students' learning. We will be at one of the village to help in installing solar street lights, building of a basketball court, and training their students in IT skills.

This will not only be beneficial to the students, it will definitely be a wonderful experience for me as well! I'm not saying that I come from a rich family or that I'm spoilt.. ok maybe pampered sometimes (when mum peels the prawns for me lah!). But I know that my life is so much more comfortable compared to many others in the world. Not only will we be able to serve to the community, but in a way, we learn to better appreciate what we have in SG.

I'm not sure if I can 'survive' in that living condition, but for a start, I have been bathing with cold water!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home