Feeling nostalgic

Lots-a-Legs (One of the many toys I loved when I was a kid.)
I can't help but feel a bit nostalgic for the old times spent in Jurong West. Especially when I'm going through the old photos of the faces and places in the past. Life started out with my brother as my only friend. We shared great memories together. Thanks to him, I get to appreciate ghostbusters, WWF, nintento & sega games like Golden Axe, Super Mario, Sonic Hedgehog, Simpsons, and I even played NBA games too!
But hey I still got my feminine side alright.. Too bad I wasn't into Transformers. Preferred those cute cute cartoons like care bears, rainbow brite, strawberry shortcake, my little pony, etc. My parents always bragged about how we got lost in shopping centres because we would head straight to the toys department! Dad said I even stole a care bear in a shopping centre while he was carrying me. No one noticed and he only realised it when we were on our way home! So young know how to steal already.. no wonder the nick...
Oh and I loved the dragon playground!!! Great place to play catching, and thrilling to jump down from the dragon's eye! I strongly think that the old playground is so much more fun than the current plastic ones with rubbered flooring, which easily catches fire. I still see a dragon playground at Jurong East but seldom see any kid playing there.
I guess most kids are too caught up with tuitions, extra curricular activities, or maybe staying at home to watch cartoons which some I find too lame nowadays. So many things has changed. We say they're missing out what we had in the past, while we ourselves also missed the things our parents experienced. Are all these changes, all these technologies completely beneficial to us and the next generations? I guess they have their good and bad. But definitely something that everyone has to face, make the full use of it and move on in this life..



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home