Samy's Curry Restaurant
My colleagues and I have been feeling the heat lately so guess what we decided to do? Burn our tongues off at Samy's Curry Restaurant! Okay.. only me and 2 other guys who were not really good with spicy food. But I do love spicy food! Just that it's quite suffering for me..
The restaurant is located at Dempsey Road. Many interesting stuffs that I noticed:
1. Non-members of the Civil Service Club had to pay an entrance fee of 50 cents (?!?).

Is that service charge or something?
2. The lime juice is darn expensive. $2.20 for that giant glass. But I'm thankful for it for soothing my throat. :) One of my colleague only drank 1/4 of it! (Too bloated from the food..)

That fishhead curry is superb!!

That fishhead curry is superb!!
3. A big banana leaf is the "plate"!!

Fried mutton, curry mutton, mashed fish+potato, tandoori chicken, curry potato, veggie curry, nasi bryani... they even got squid and KING PRAWN!
4. Yoghurt with rice is excellent!!! Hehe.. my first time trying it.
Anyway.. the portions are really big. When we got the bill we paid $16 each! Hmm.. actually I think it's reasonable ah.. considering we were really satisfied with the tasty indian curries and I didn't have to eat dinner. I'm full right till now! It's a really nice place with a unique atmostphere too.. in an old colonial building. The business is really good and the service is excellent. I think they can earn thousands in a day (not including the entrance fees..). And I heard it's been around since 1980s..
Today we also had a practice on our teaching presentation. The feedback I had for mine was that I was too shy (cos I kept focusing on the projector), and a nice and friendly teacher who won't make students feel intimidated. Haa.. We were recorded for our presentations. Really embarrassing. I hope nobody gets his/her hands on that cd! Anyway the real assessment will be on Tuesday. Hopefully can improve myself..
Oh yah.. it's my bro's birthday today. Happy birthday bro! Erm.. stay '16' always! Hahaha.. (No point mentioning his age cos he doesn't look like his age..)



3 Comments:
Well, he doesnt even behave like his age. :P
haha.. yeah swami, one day we must bring the rest there to try it out!
hehe.. yeah lor sharon.. i think we must send him back to school.. haa
Post a Comment
<< Home